Our team is in Vegas this week for VMworld US 2016. We’re in booth #2239 on the Solutions Exchange Floor, and we’ve been busy talking to visitors about our solutions for VMware, vCloud Air, and other virtual and public cloud platforms. We also have our Intronis team there to demonstrate Intronis MSP Solutions by Barracuda.
The AWS Summit in New York City is coming up next week, and we will be there to chat with participants and attendees. We’d love to meet you if you’re in New York.
Nicole Napiltonia is our VP of Alliances and works with strategic cloud partners such as AWS. Barracuda offers security and data protection solutions that help protect customers’ assets and resources in the cloud – all part of the Shared Security Responsibility Model. We are an AWS Partner Network (APN) Advanced Technology Partner and the Barracuda Web Application Firewall is APN Security Competency Certified so it’s pre-qualified on AWS. Nicole builds alliances with public cloud partners and works to deliver Barracuda solutions on these platforms. She’s on Twitter @nnapiltonia
Hatem Naguib is a Senior Vice President and General Manager of our Security Business. He has global responsibility for our complete portfolio of network, content, and application security solutions. Hatem is focused on network and email security, and driving Barracuda solutions to the cloud. Learn more about Hatem on our corporate site here and our blog here. You can reach Hatem on Twitter @hatem_naguib
The AWS Global Summits are a great place to learn and network. The Summit in NYC takes place August 10-11. Registration for the Summit is free and it’s worth your while to attend if you are in the area and you work (or are planning to work) with AWS. Here’s just a sample of what you will see at this event:
- Introductory and deep-dive sessions on AWS solutions, architecture, and code.
- Technical bootcamps and hands-on labs with your laptop and a live AWS practice environment.
- Expo Hall where sponsors and exhibitors can talk to you about solutions that help you get the most out of AWS.
- Other activities, such as Game Day, Appreciation Reception, Network Breakfast, and more.
These AWS Summits run throughout the year and across the globe, so if you can’t make this one, keep an eye on this site for more opportunities.
Amazon Web Services provides a broad set of secure compute, storage, application, and deployment services, in an provided in the AWS shared security model. Hatem and Nicole will be at the AWS Summit NYC to talk about our AWS credentials and AWS-ready solutions:
- Barracuda is a top tier AWS APN Advanced Technology Partner, which means that our products meet the AWS advanced criteria and provide customers with a truly easy-to-use and powerful solution in the AWS Cloud.
- Our participation in the AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Program helps our channel partners deliver Barracuda solutions on AWS. It also ensures that we have demonstrated proficiency in AWS Marketplace software and the AWS platform.
- Barracuda’s AWS Security Competency demonstrates that we have proven success in building products and solutions on AWS to support customers in multiple areas.
- Amazon Web Services GovCloud (US) Region availability allows customers with stringent regulatory and compliance requirements use Barracuda solutions to protect sensitive workloads and data in the cloud.
- The Barracuda Web Application Firewall for AWS is a scalable security solution that protects applications from targeted and automated attacks.
- Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series on AWS is the industry’s most advanced next-generation firewall solution for deployments on Amazon Web Services.
- The Barracuda Load Balancer ADC provides rich Layer 7 application management and delivery features on AWS, ensuring that our customers can provide the same or better application performance when they migrate to the cloud.
- The Barracuda Email Security Gateway for Amazon Web Services provides comprehensive security to email services on AWS.
- The Barracuda Message Archiver simplifies user access, email management, and eDiscovery/compliance.
- SignNow by Barracuda is the easiest way to electronically sign, send, and manage documents online. See it in the AWS Marketplace here.
To learn more about our AWS partnership, competencies, and AWS-ready solutions, you can visit our corporate site here, or have a chat with Hatem and Nicole at the summit. Barracuda solutions are available in the AWS Marketplace here, and most have a 30-day risk-free trial period.
The AWS Technology Partner Summit takes place July 12-13 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Our very own Ezra Hookano will be participating in a roundtable discussion on AWS/APN Investments in the Ecosystem. Ezra recently returned to Barracuda as Vice President, Channels. He leads our worldwide channel strategy, and helps our channel partners grow their businesses with Barracuda solutions.
Ezra’s roundtable session takes place on Tuesday at 10:15am. If you’d like to connect with Ezra at the event, he will be available after the discussion.
The AWS Technology Partner Summit is free to attend. It is designed to help new customers learn more about the AWS platform, as well as enhance existing customers’ use of AWS. You’ll learn about updates on AWS solutions, intriguing customer stories and use cases, and you’ll find breakout sessions on topics like new services, architecture, performance, and operations. If you’d like to get a feel for some of the presentations, take a look at this great video series from the AWS summit in Chicago earlier this year.
It’s that time of year again, where Microsoft partners from all over the world come together to connect with Microsoft and each other. This year the conference is in Toronto, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC). If you can’t make it to the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC), you can keep up on everything here.
We are pleased to welcome this guest post, submitted by Barracuda partner Accellis Technology Group. Accellis offers managed IT services, cybersecurity and compliance consulting, legal application consulting, and system integration & development. You can connect with them through their website, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
This article was written by Derek Schroeder of Accellis Technology Group, and was originally published here.
No too long ago, a law firm client of ours was representing a community association that wanted to cancel an approximate $25,000 job with their landscaping company. The association claimed they sent an email to the law firm requesting that they notify the landscape company to cancel the project. The law firm never received the email, therefore, did not know to cancel it. The landscape company did the job and charged the association for the work.
You only care about PST files if you have users that need to, or want to, access them. Yes, Exchange 2010 introduced the Archive Mailbox and eliminated PST files, but you need to ingest PST files into that archive mailbox if users want to access them. And getting to them from Office is nearly impossible – not only do they need to be moved off of users’ desktops, they need to be migrated to the Microsoft cloud, which can be a lengthy process. Microsoft’s services still require a lot of IT involvement and don’t cover the many exception cases for which PST files are famous. If you need to access PST files from Office 365, it can be much better to move them to a compatible archive.
- Regain control over email data stored within PST files scattered across their organization.
- Eliminate the risks associated with PST files
- Reduce ongoing costs and support IT requirements for Compliance and eDiscovery.
PST Enterprise will discover PST files on network servers and end user systems, and migrate this data to a secure location such as Exchange, Office 365 or Barracuda Message Archiver (BMA). PST Enterprise for Message Archiver is an advanced feature of the BMA that gives administrators the flexibility to systematically discover PST files throughout their organization and automatically determine and assign PST ownership even if the PST is password protected. Learn more about this feature here.Microsoft’s PST Capture is free, and they offer a free upload service for PST files from a CD, so PST migration is covered – right?Click To Tweet
To read more of our blogs on PST migration, visit our archives here.
Archiving from Office 365
for Compliance and eDiscovery
Download the pdf here
Regulatory compliance often requires companies to keep various conforming email data for specific periods of time – and a regulatory audit will require the company to quickly produce that data or face fines. Because non-compliance can carry stiff penalties, companies are naturally concerned that compliance archives are secured.
This simply isn’t something that can be done in a public cloud when another vendor is managing that data and only segregating it from other data. These situations require a compliance repository, which is often an archive kept on-premises or in a different, directly-managed cloud environment.
The Barracuda Message Archiver (BMA) enables customers to retain and retrieve all email communication while reducing storage requirements. It’s ideal for organizations looking to reduce their email storage requirements and boost user productivity with mobile or desktop access to any email ever sent or received. The cloud-connected appliance uses the Barracuda Cloud to move information to the cloud as a secondary tier of storage. In addition, the Barracuda Message Archiver also provides a powerful, yet simple platform for eDiscovery and compliance.
Compliance archives are best kept segregated from other data – and under a company’s direct control.Click To Tweet
As a government municipality, the City of Lebanon, TN is required to store emails for up to 7 years. The Barracuda Message Archiver allows them to automate the archiving process, removes strain from their email servers, and gives them the ability to easily retrieve stored messages.
For more information on how the Barracuda Message Archiver can help your organization, visit the following resources: