We’re pleased to share some exciting milestones from our email protection business, which was accelerated by increased Office 365 adoption and higher demand for Barracuda Sentinel.
“We continued to see great momentum across our email protection solutions last fiscal year,” said Don MacLennan, SVP of Engineering and Product Management, Email Protection, at Barracuda “With increased risk of socially-engineered attacks like conversation hijacking, business email compromise, and account takeover, and the growing demand for protecting customer data in the cloud, we are delivering innovative solutions that provide comprehensive protection for our customers. We were the first to bring to market an API-based inbox defense solution, Sentinel, that integrates directly with Office 365 to detect advanced email threats.”
- Through innovations in detection efficacy and enhanced classifiers leveraging machine learning to counter the increased sophistication of advanced email threats, Sentinel annual recurring revenue grew 40 percent year-over-year at the end of Q4 FY2021.
- Barracuda’s advanced email protection solutions, including Sentinel and Forensics and Incident Response, added 3,400 new customers in FY2021, which ended February 28, 2021, representing 60 percent year-over-year growth in new business.
- Barracuda saw strong performance through Q4 FY2021, driven by key product innovations in email and data protection solutions for Office 365, which included 112 percent year over year growth in sales of Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup.
- Annual recurring revenue (ARR) for Barracuda MSP’s email protection business grew 66 percent year-over-year at the end of Q4 FY2021.
Product innovation and industry recognition
This increased momentum was driven in part by key product innovations, including:
- Redesigned Email Threat Scanner: This scan tool helps businesses detect email threats such as spear phishing, business email compromise, conversation hijacking, services impersonation, and others. To date, over 17,000 organizations and 14.5 million mailboxes have been scanned for threats.
- New version of Cloud-to-Cloud Backup: This solution for Office 365 data backup offers scalability for enterprise organizations, faster backup and restore performance, and support for additional data sources.
Barracuda’s email solutions have also earned a number of recent industry accolades including being named a leader in The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Email Security, Q2 2021 and being recognized as a 2021 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Email Security.
“I was really impressed with Barracuda’s multilayered approach,” said Jamie Milliken, Systems Analyst at Gateway Mechanical Services. “They combine the different functions needed to completely secure us against email threats. I also like the management interface. Even though it puts so many different capabilities at your fingertips, it’s clear and very easy to use. It all works together really well, it’s easy to use, and it’s all provided by a single, highly responsive vendor.”
Anne Campbell is the public relations manager for Barracuda. She's been with the organization since 2014, working on content and public relations for Barracuda MSP, the MSP-dedicated business unit of Barracuda. She started her career in newspaper and magazine journalism, and she brings that editorial point of view to the work she does, using it to help craft compelling stories.