Report: Cloud networks: Shifting into hyperdrive
IT professionals around the world are gaining confidence in the cloud, but organizations are facing growing constraints when it comes to cloud access.
To capture current attitudes and opinions about public cloud, access constraints, security concerns, emerging solutions, and a variety of related topics, Barracuda commissioned independent market researcher Censuswide to survey IT decision makers in the United States, Germany, France, and the UK. The results of that research were published in the new report Cloud networks: Shifting into hyperdrive.
The survey includes responses from 800 executives, individual contributors, and team managers with responsibility for their organization’s cloud infrastructure. They came from organizations of all sizes in EMEA and the US, across a broad range of industries, including construction, education, finance, healthcare, technology, manufacturing, retail, transportation, and others.
Fresh insights on cloud networks
The report uncovers some interesting perspectives on the evolving cloud landscape. Highlights include:
- IT professionals are gaining confidence in the cloud.
- More than three-quarters of respondents use multiple cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Nearly 80% say their organization has deployed an Azure-based network.
- Organizations face growing constraints when it comes to cloud access.
- 56% of respondents are struggling to ensure seamless availability and “always-on” access to cloud applications for their organizations.
- Nearly 70% experience latency and performance issues running SaaS workloads, such as Office 365.
- Current network infrastructure is growing increasingly costly.
- More than 70% of respondents are using traditional access methods, such as MPLS, in their organization's network.
- More than 60% say their MPLS costs increase heavily due to seasonal workload peaks.
- IT professionals are looking for easier and more economical connectivity.
- More than 70% of respondents have plans to implement an SD-WAN solution in the next 12 months to address cloud-connectivity issues.
- At the same time, nearly 60% say their organization is hesitant to adopt an SD-WAN solution because of fears that they are complex and expensive.
Get your copy of Cloud networks: Shifting into hyperdrive today and see all the latest insightful details about cloud networking for yourself