2020 marks the final season of the Bryan Brothers as a professional doubles team. While we always look forward to watching them compete, we go into this year with mixed emotions. We're excited to see what their future holds, it feels like saying goodbye to an old friend.
View this post on Instagram
We dedicate 2020 to all those who have shared this journey with us. Whether you root for us or against us, we are grateful for your passion in the sport that has given us so much. We’ll always do our best to return this love. Thank you for letting us live out our dream. 🙏❤️
The Bryan brothers are Mike and Bob, identical twins who started playing professional tennis as a doubles team in 1998. Since then they've won 16 majors and 118 titles, and many other distinctions like the most Grand Slam doubles finals and the only players to ever win 6 Masters 1000 titles in one season. Their accomplishments are even more impressive if you start with the 2012 Olympics, where they won the Gold, and then went on to win four consecutive Grand Slams. That record is still referred to as the “Bryan Golden Slam.”
There's more to Mike and Bob than just tennis. They're both devoted family men, and they run The Bryan Bros. Foundation, which supports charities and causes that help children in need. The foundation also works directly with qualifying children, to ensure they have the opportunities they need to succeed. They've also supported many other foundations and charities.
Our relationship with Mike and Bob started years ago between the brothers and a few early employees of Barracuda. That friendship turned into a long-term corporate sponsorship, and we've always been proud to see our logo on their shirts. They've been enthusiastic partners and exciting representatives of our brand.
View this post on Instagram
We'll be watching the Bryans again this year, and cheering our hearts out all the way through to their final match at the US Open. If you'd like to follow along, here's their tournament schedule:
- Jan 20-Feb 2 – Australian Open Grand Slam (Melbourne Australia)
- Feb 17-23 – Delray Beach Open 250 (Delray Beach, FL)
- March 12-22 – BNP Paribas Open 1000 (Indian Wells, CA)
- March 25-April 5 – Miami Open 1000 (Miami, FL)
- April 6-12 – Fayez Sarofim & Co. US Mens Clay Court Championship 250 (Houston, TX)
- April 12-19 – Rolex Monte Carlo Masters 1000 (Monte Carlo, Monaco) (possibly)
- May 3-10 – Mutua Madrid Open Masters 1000 (Madrid, Spain)
- May 10-17 – Internazionali BNL D’Italia Masters 1000 (Rome, Italy)
- May 24-June 7 – Roland Garros Grand Slam (Paris, France)
- June 15-21 – Fever-Tree Championships 500 (London, Great Britain)
- June 29-July 12 – Wimbledon Grand Slam (London, Great Britain)
- July – World Team Tennis ( TBA)
- August 2-9 – Citi Open 500 (Washington, DC)
- August 10-16 – Rogers Cup Masters 1000 (Toronto, Canada)
- August 16-23 – Western & Southern Open Masters 1000 (Cincinnati, OH)
- August 31-Sept 13 – US Open Grand Slam (New York, NY)
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn here.