It's been fun to watch Barracuda's development of public cloud solutions. From our first look at engineering an appliance for the cloud to our Cloud Ready Initiative, we've watched our teams win awards, earn elite recognition, and lead the world in bringing groundbreaking technologies to the marketplace. Today we are ‘full speed ahead' in helping our customers and partners leverage all of the benefits of public cloud adoption.
A big step in this process was the announcement of Cloud Generation Firewall capabilities. These capabilities expand the public cloud functionality in our Barracuda NextGen Firewall and Barracuda Web Application Firewall. Specifically, these capabilities meet the following requirements:
- Well-architected for the public cloud: Cloud Generation Firewalls integrate directly with public cloud fabric.
- Support for cloud-specific use cases: Deployment scenarios that leverage the benefits of cloud automation around deployment, autoscaling, high-availability, and more.
- Match Customer's Cloud Consumption Models – Metered billing and other licensing that allows customers to deploy security in alignment with their current public cloud consumption model.
- Traditional data center security vs public cloud security
- What is unique about public cloud security
- How does a Cloud Generation Firewall affect DevSecOps
- How do developers and risk management professionals work together to ensure public cloud security
- Requirements for a Cloud Generation Firewall
- Public cloud deployment best practices
- Elasticity, automation, and public cloud licensing models
- Cloud use-cases and how they differ from hybrid or on-premises use-cases
Tim was also a guest on Alan Shimel's DevOps Chat podcast —
- Barracuda's early adoption of public cloud
- How public cloud deployments have changed security architectures
- The principles of Cloud Generation Firewalls
- How Barracuda embraces and enables DevSecOps
- Infrastructure as code and how it differs between public security providers
- The overlapping roles of development engineers and security professionals
Barracuda NextGen Firewalls and Web Application Firewalls are the industry’s first solutions purpose-built for securing cloud-connected networks. For more information, visit www.barracuda.com.
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn here.