Earlier today we announced two new services for MSPs: Managed firewalls and managed backup appliances.
If you work in technology, you probably already know that an MSP is a Managed Services Provider. This is a company that manages and provides a defined set of services to their clients. The MSP usually leverages Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) and Professional Services Automation (PSA) solutions in order to remain as “hands-off” as possible. The MSP wants to operate as transparently as possible so that the clients can focus on their own customers and businesses.
Over the past few decades, IT providers have transitioned from a ‘break-fix' model to an MSP model. Obviously there are still field consultants and IT companies that are not on a true MSP model, but even these providers have adopted some of the characteristics of the MSP. Remote support, mobile device management, vendor management, and a handful of other MSP-like services might be picked up by an IT consultant that doesn't follow a true MSP model. Barracuda partners with many companies who follow this model.
Barracuda also offers some exciting MSP opportunities, with several solutions specifically engineered for Managed Services Providers. The professional services introduced today enable MSPs to deliver new services to their clients, without the need to invest in new training for the MSP staff.
The Managed Firewalls and Managed Backup Appliances offload the monitoring and management of these solutions from the MSP to Barracuda. This helps MSPs provide 24/7/365 monitoring and management while freeing up MSP time and other resources. MSP customers can enjoy the benefits of managed security and data protection, and MSPs can spend more time on their own business strategies.
Our line of MSP Professional Services includes the following:
- NEW: Managed NextGen Firewalls: robust firewall protection for MSP customers, little to no time invested by the MSP. Get all the details here.
- NEW: Managed Backup Appliance: MSPs now have the ability to offer complete end-to-end backup and recovery protection. Our service provides 24/7 custom configuration, monitoring, management, and disaster recovery. Learn more here.
- Managed ECHOPlatform and Services: The new professional services integrate directly into our ECHOPlatform. Visit this site to learn more.
If you're a Managed Services Provider or you are interested in transitioning to the MSP model, visit our MSP solutions site here. You'll find tons of resources on how to build and grow an MSP business.
If you'd like more information on these new MSP Professional Services, visit these resources:
- Introducing Managed Firewalls and Managed Backup Appliances for MSPs – includes a summary and a Q&A with Brian Babineau, GM of MSP Solutions at Barracuda
- Press Release: Barracuda Expands Offerings to Enable Increased MSP Efficiency – New 24/7/365 Monitoring and Management Professional Services Simplify Security and Data Protection
The Managed Services market is flourishing and is expected to grow from $143.33b in 2016 to $242.45b in 2021. This growth is driven by several factors, including improved security, better uptime, and lower costs over in-house staff. As more customers embrace Managed Services, more technologies are integrated into the solutions offered by Managed Services Providers. Barracuda is excited to contribute to this growth in market share and MSP services.
If you're thinking about transitioning your company to an MSP model, this is a great time. Costs are down and opportunities are up. Really, there's never been a better time to jump in to Managed Services. Click here to get started.
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn here.