Barracuda Achieves AWS Security Competency
Barracuda Web Application Firewall Demonstrates Technical Proficiency and Proven Customer Success in AWS
- Part of a select group of security solutions, the Barracuda Web Application Firewall has achieved the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security Competency.
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall qualifies for the program because it demonstrates technical proficiency and customer success on AWS.
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall for AWS is a scalable security solution that protects applications from targeted and automated attacks.
Barracuda and AWS Security Competency
Barracuda announced today that Barracuda Web Application Firewall qualifies for the AWS Security Competency as part of a select group of security solutions. AWS Security Competency Partners have demonstrated success in building products and solutions on AWS to support customers in multiple areas, including: infrastructure security, policy management, identity management, security monitoring, vulnerability management, and data protection.
“We are excited that Barracuda qualifies for the APN Security Competency Program with Barracuda Web Application Firewall,” said Nicole Napiltonia, VP Strategic Alliances, Barracuda. “The announcement demonstrates not only Barracuda’s leadership in web application security with cloud deployments, but that Barracuda remains closely aligned with AWS to provide customers added security for their AWS deployments.”
Barracuda Qualifications for AWS Security Competency
To qualify for this achievement, Barracuda Web Application Firewall was required to meet certain criteria such as the ability to demonstrate it can support three or more AWS Regions, approval by the AWS Architect Review Board, and that it adheres to AWS Security Best Practices. Highlights for Barracuda Web Application Firewall for AWS include:
- Advanced Application Security – Protect web applications from data breaches, defacement, OWASP Top-10 Attacks, application layer DDoS and more.
- Automatic Updates – Receive automatic updates with defense against new threats and vulnerabilities with real-time protection.
- Authentication and Access – Ensure security and privacy with strong authentication and access control to restrict access to sensitive applications or data.
Barracuda Solutions for AWS
Barracuda provides solutions for firewalling, load balancing, web application security, and email security in AWS. For more information about Barracuda for AWS, please visit http://cuda.co/awssec.
For more information about AWS Security Competency, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/partners/competencies/.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) simplifies IT with cloud-enabled solutions that empower customers to protect their networks, applications, and data, regardless of where they reside. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the potential benefits and functionality of the Barracuda web application firewall on AWS. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company’s products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.