Expanded Microsoft Relationship Helps Organizations Manage Their Businesses More Easily, Securely, and Efficiently in Office 365
Highlights You Should Know:
- Barracuda extends our cloud focus with a comprehensive Microsoft Office 365 strategic initiative designed to help organizations manage their businesses more easily, securely, and efficiently when moving to, and operating in, Office 365.
- Barracuda’s Office 365 strategic initiative expands our long-standing relationship with Microsoft by educating customers moving to Office 365 with technology solutions and best practices to avoid unforeseen delays in migration and performance challenges, as well as lapses in security, compliance, and data protection.
- As part of the initiative, Barracuda also kicked off a series of end-user educational events, both online and in person, with various channel partners focused on helping customers leverage cloud efficiencies securely and cost effectively. For additional information on the activities and events associated with this initiative, and to view associated content, please visit http://cuda.co/o365.
As many of you know, Barracuda has a great relationship with Microsoft. Since founding the business more than a decade ago on protecting Exchange users on-premises from email-borne threats, to being one of the first and most active security vendors in Azure today, it’s no secret that Barracuda is a leader when it comes to protecting Microsoft environments. Which is also why it should come as no surprise to learn about the fantastic work our team is doing around Office 365. You may have seen some of the Office 365-centered posts on the blog already. More on that in a bit.
And today, we’re excited to announce a strategic initiative that formalizes those efforts. This focused effort helps organizations manage their businesses more easily, securely, and efficiently when moving to and running on Office 365. The initiative expands Barracuda’s long-standing relationship with Microsoft, which most recently has included our being one of the first security vendors to become Azure Certified and a part of Azure GovCloud. Working with Barracuda, IT administrators can gain greater visibility and control across their organizations with tools to optimize network traffic, manage legacy email and PST files, and provide a layered approach to security, backup and archiving.
Barracuda’s Office 365 Strategic Initiative – Simplified IT
According to Osterman Research, many organizations are seriously considering the deployment of Microsoft Office 365, and the penetration of Office 365 is expected to more than double by 2017.1 In fact, cloud-based mailboxes powered by Microsoft Exchange Server technology currently represent 31 percent of all worldwide business cloud mailboxes. 2
Here’s what our President & CEO BJ Jenkins has to say about our Office 365 strategic initiative:
“IT in the midmarket always has turned to third parties in the Microsoft ecosystem to ensure both security and compliance in their premises environments, and these requirements do not go away when you go to the cloud. Barracuda has a rich heritage with more than 150,000 customers worldwide to protect their email, users, and application data. Our Office 365 strategic initiative allows customers to continue to leverage our years of experience and expertise to help make the initial transition and ongoing operation easier.
“The cloud impacts the way customers buy, what they buy and how they deploy, and many of them look to the cloud as a viable means of increasing efficiencies in their IT infrastructure. While the cloud brings about many benefits, it also has its challenges with regard to important network architectural changes to avoid performance degradation, as well as data tenancy and portability. Further, security remains a top concern as attacks become more targeted and sophisticated. Barracuda’s solutions enable customers to take advantage of the cloud while empowering them to secure and protect their networks, applications, and data – regardless of where they reside.”
As part of the strategic initiative, Barracuda kicked off a series of online and in-person educational events designed to help organizations better understand how to prepare, migrate, and operate more efficiently in Office 365. For additional details on these activities and to register for upcoming webinars or events, please visit http://cuda.co/o365. Highlights from the sessions include:
- Organizations must prepare both their data and their network in order to migrate successfully to Office 365. The volume of legacy email can slow down migration. Customers should prepare their data by archiving first to avoid expensive “forklift” cloud uploads. Further, architectures must be designed to support remote users and branch offices in order to optimize performance, and business critical applications like Office 365 must be intelligently prioritized as to not compete with other network resources like video streaming, which can rob networks of critical bandwidth.
- Once operating in Office 365, it should be a top priority to assure multi-layer security is in place, retention and preservation for compliance and discovery is executed as planned, and protection for email and files so they can be restored in the event of data loss due to malicious or accidental deletion.
Barracuda is the only vendor that offers easy-to-deploy and manage firewalls to optimize network traffic, backup and security solutions to fully protect applications, and archiving solutions to support discovery and compliance.
Looking for more information on Barracuda’s Office 365 initiative? Check out these links:
Barracuda’s Microsoft Office 365 Program Overview: http://barracuda.com/office365
Barracuda’s Microsoft Office 365 Webinar Series and RSS: http://cuda.co/o365.
1Best Practices for Migrating to Office 365; Osterman Research; April 2015
2Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Server and Outlook Market Analysis; Radicati Research; 2014-2018