Microsoft introduced Azure Security Center at the Microsoft AzureCon virtual event on September 29, and Barracuda was highlighted as one of the first security providers to be integrated into the new platform. You can read the full announcement here, and read Scott Guthrie’s blog on the announcement of Azure Security Center here.
Now, Microsoft has made Azure Security Center available for public preview. You can read the full announcement here.
We’re pretty excited about this news! In fact, here’s what one our executives had to say:
“Security remains a key concern for organizations looking to move their workloads to the cloud,” explained Nicole Napiltonia, VP, Strategic Alliances, Barracuda. “Barracuda and Microsoft have a shared interest in helping our mutual customers take advantage of the cloud and the Microsoft Azure Security Center is designed to take some of the complexity out of planning and then deploying security within the Microsoft Azure environment. As one of the first security vendors to work with Microsoft Azure, we are excited to be one of the first security vendors included in this new initiative.”
What is Azure Security Center you ask? – It helps organizations prevent, detect and respond to security threats with increased visibility and control over the security of their deployments across Azure – and as part of Azure Security Center, Barracuda Web Application Firewall offers the following benefits to customers:
- Simple Configuration and Deployment – Azure Security Center provides visibility into the security state of an organization’s Azure resources. It enables customers to set security policies for resources such as Barracuda Web Application Firewall, to help them maintain and improve the level of security by deploying, configuring, and managing security controls from Microsoft and Barracuda.
- Advanced Threat Detection – Barracuda Web Application Firewall feeds threat intelligence information to Azure Security Center, helping to better detect advanced threats with analytics-driven detection. Barracuda Web Application firewall shares intelligence such as log information for security events, enabling a customer to have a more comprehensive view of their total security posture in Azure as well as exporting security logs to their existing SIEM solution.
Barracuda and Microsoft have a shared interest in helping our mutual customers move more and more of their data and applications to the cloud, and do so securely. This announcement further strengthens the Barracuda and Microsoft relationship.
Here are some additional highlights of Azure Security Center:
In addition to enabling integrated security, monitoring and policy management, Azure Security Center also provides invaluable recommendations. By analyzing information gathered from customers’ deployments and comparing with global threat intelligence aggregated by Microsoft, the service introduces a unique ability in the industry to detect threats while taking the guesswork out of cloud security.
Barracuda was one of the first security providers to integrate with Azure, and Barracuda Web Application Firewall is available to customers requiring additional security protection for dynamic web applications in Azure environments. Highlights for Barracuda Web Application Firewall in Microsoft Azure include:
- Advanced Application Security – Protect web applications from data breaches, defacement, OWASP Top-10 Attacks, application layer DDoS and more.
- Automatic Updates – Receive automatic updates with defense against new threats and vulnerabilities with real-time protection.
- Authentication and Access – Ensure security and privacy with strong authentication and access control to restrict access to sensitive applications or data.
For more information about Barracuda Solutions on Microsoft Azure, please visit http://cuda.co/azure-cert.