Barracuda has announced initial support for Android for Work with Barracuda Mobile Device Manager (MDM). Barracuda MDM enables organizations to easily manage mobility initiatives and extend security policies by centrally administering and monitoring both iOS and Android devices.
Android for Work allows users to leverage a single Android device for business and personal use, with functionality that allows users to set up a dedicated work profile for business content that never mixes with personal information. You can learn more about Android for Work on their website here.
Barracuda MDM allows IT administrators to manage mobile devices, applications and business data from a single console, and when combined with Android for Work, IT administrators can ensure that they keep their network and information safe while making sure not to compromise a user’s photos, emails, or other personal data.
Organizations utilizing the Android for Work platform can now use Barracuda Mobile Device Manager to deliver a secure, and productive mobile experience to their employees. Key supported features in this initial roll out include:
- Provisioning a device in Profile Owner or Device Owner mode
- Install and pre-configure free and paid applications to Work Profile
- Manage bulk licenses for paid applications
- Profile enhancements for Android for Work devices, Functionality Restrictions, Global Proxy
- Integration with Google Apps user directory
For more information on Barracuda MDM initial support for Android for Work, please visit our TechLibrary here.
Barracuda MDM simplifies management of Android and iOS devices, enabling organizations to safely implement BYOD policies. Barracuda MDM is managed through a centralized console integrated into Barracuda Cloud Control. Highlights include:
- Security – Configure mobile devices to include passcode policies, functionality restrictions, email/Exchange Active Sync, authentication credentials, and wifi/vpn/proxy access.
- Application Management – Manage app store access, enterprise applications, and integrate mobile devices into the Apple VPP program. Installed applications can be monitored and unauthorized applications can be flagged for follow-up.
- Remote Management – Wipe or lock stolen devices, un-enroll devices when employees leave the company, and change security and access policies with an easy to use, intuitive user interface.
Barracuda Mobile Device Manager is provided at no cost for existing Barracuda customers and can be accessed through Barracuda Cloud Control . Once a service account is provisioned, mobile devices can be easily enrolled with the service from any location. Administrators can send users an email invitation with enrollment information through the service. Optionally users can download the Barracuda Mobile Device Companion app from the iTunes App Store here, and the Google Play Store here. The service also supports zero-touch enrollment and inventory management through the Apple DEP program. More information about Barracuda’s Mobile Device Manager can also be found on our corporate website here.
Barracuda will make additional announcements around Barracuda MDM support for Android for Work. Check back for more updates coming soon!