We finished up a great couple of months here at Barracuda. Let's start our wrap-up with our product updates that you may have missed:
Barracuda ArchiveOne version 7.1 was released. ArchiveOne is our comprehensive archiving, eDiscovery and Information Management software. It safely archives your emails and files, making it easy to comply with email retention policies and easy to find information no matter where it resides. Version 7.1 integrates ArchiveOne into the Barracuda Message Archiver, bringing these new capabilities:
Archiving to the Barracuda Message Archiver
ArchiveOne now archive email data directly to a Barracuda Message Archiver appliance or to the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service. And, it can also synchronize the Exchange folder structure for individual mailboxes with a Barracuda Message Archiver appliance or with the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service..
Advanced Discovery from the Barracuda Message Archiver
ArchiveOne Advanced Discovery is now able to search and capture data which previously has been archived within a Barracuda Message Archiver appliance or within the Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service.
We announced the availability of our cloud solutions on AWS GovCloud. This means that our solutions can now be used in the most demanding of regulatory and compliance environments.
More on the latest Barracuda firmware updates:
- Barracuda SSLVPN now supports Windows 10.
- Barracuda Backup has been updated to support P2V restores to VMware and Hyper-V, and now includes several new enhancements.
- Barracuda Phone System has added provisioning for select Patton models. The latest updates also include performance and UI improvements.
- Barracuda Web Security Agent now supports El Capitan and Windows 10. We've also added security enhancements and improved the settings management features.
- Barracuda Message Archiver now includes support for Exchange Autodiscovery, personal archive import, and Skype for Business (Lync) archiving.
- Barracuda Security Suite now includes tighter Iptable rules and many other enhancements.
- Barracuda Web Security Gateway adds a number of enhancements, including transparent SSL inspection to scholar.google.com.
We attended two prominent events in September and October. The first was IT-SA 2015, which takes place in Nuremberg. IT-SA is the annual IT Security Expo and Congress that examines the future of IT security. Wieland Alge, GM EMEA, spoke on the topic of paradigm shift. We'll have more on that in a future blog post. Barracuda also played some trivia, and awarded the winner with an Apple Sport watch.
Our public cloud team was in Las Vegas for AWS re:Invent, where they showed off the Barracuda solutions available for Amazon Web Services. We also gave away several hundred dollars in AWS credits to our daily trivia winners.
Finally, let's talk about #CudaLife. We work hard and we play hard. Here's some of the fun we've been having around the world…
Want to be part of #CudaLife? We're hiring! Learn more about us here.
Coming up in the next couple of months, we have some exciting product announcements, holiday contests, and more. If you'd like to keep up with our news when it happens, you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+. Check out our videos here.
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.