We've recently released a new case study on our Barracuda NG Firewall (NGF). This case study features Geocell, an award-winning telecommunications provider in the country of Georgia. Geocell is on the upper end of the SMB market, with over 500 employees deployed across a territory of nearly 27,000 square miles. The company has a subscription base of two million private and business customers.
Geocell had been running Linux firewalls, but outgrew that solution as the business expanded. Mr. Alexander Kuzmidi is Geocell's Enterprise IT Unit Head, and was in charge of replacing the firewalls with a solution that met Geocell's business requirements. After testing a cluster of Barracuda NG Firewalls VX1000 against firewalls from Barracuda competitors, he determined that our solution met his key outcomes. Geocell was particularly interested in the following features of the NGF:
- A large set of QoS techniques, such as traffic shaping, traffic prioritization, and bandwidth partitioning, which assigns a bandwidth limit to certain types of traffic.
- Advanced Threat Detection, Malware Protection, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection, and Web Filtering. These security features are available in all models.
- Centralized administration and ease-of-use is facilitated through the Barracuda NG Control Center.
- Deployment flexibility is one of the key features of the Barracuda NG Firewall. It's available in the following platforms:
- Physical appliance: We have several models, from 2,000 sessions / 85 Mbps up to 200,000 / 10.0 Gbps.
- Virtual appliance: Several models of Vx machines are available. These range in support for 2 CPUs / 25 IP addresses, to 16 CPUs and unlimited IPs.
- Microsoft Azure: We offer four options in the Azure marketplace, under BYOL or Pay-As-You-Go licensing. These models support up to 8 virtual cores.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Four models available, supporting up to 8 virtual cores and 4 interfaces. AWS appliances are available under BYOL licensing.
- vCloud Air: Our VMware vCloud Air solution is available in several models, supporting up to 16 cores and unlimited IPs. vCloud Air solutions are compatible with on-site virtual machines, which makes it easy to move images between on-premises infrastructure and the public cloud.
You can review all the details of this case study by downloading the pdf document here.
For more information on the Barracuda NG Firewall, visit the corporate product site here. If you'd like to try the Barracuda NG Firewall in your own network risk-free for 30-days, request an evaluation unit here.
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn here.