You've probably heard about the message text that kills iPhones? If not, here's Steve Pao, GM Security, explaining the issue on NBC:
Watch the video to see
- A demo of how easy it is to send the bug
- Why the bug is more of a nuisance than a threat
- Why the code has proliferated so quickly
- What Apple is doing in response to this bug
Apple has yet to release an official fix, but they did publish a support document in response to the issue. The process to recover from the attack is short and simple:
- Ask Siri to “read unread messages.”
- Use Siri to reply to the malicious message. After you reply, you'll be able to open Messages again.
- If the issue continues, tap and hold the malicious message, tap More, and delete the message from the thread.
Apple will be releasing a fix in the next software update.