In this video, Vinayak Shastri discusses building a multi-tier architecture in Microsoft Azure using Barracuda NG Firewall. Vinayak is a Cloud Security Solutions Architect with Barracuda.
The video gives a brief overview of the following:
- The front end, application, and database tiers, and the purposes of each
- Securing, restricting, and monitoring the communication between these tiers
- Securely connecting VNETs with the Barracuda NG Firewall
- Using the Transport Independent Network Architecture (TINA) between VNETs
- Using IP, port, application, or protocol, to allow or deny traffic between VNETs
- Using Quality of Service and Intrusion Prevention System
- Providing full visibility into the traffic between the VNETs
- High performance connectivity with other sites, clients, and third-party vendors
- The role of the Barracuda NG Control Center
- Sizing the Barracuda NG Firewall
You can get even more information on this subject in the technical deep dive video here:
We've recently released Barracuda NG Firewall version 6.1, which includes an upcoming Pay-As-You-Go license for Microsoft Azure. You can see the release notes on this version in our Tech Library here.
Visit our corporate site for more information on the Barracuda NG Firewall. You can get details on features, download whitepapers and case studies, and order a risk-free, 30-day evaluation of the product.
If you'd like to chat with Vinayak, you can connect with him here on LinkedIn.
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.