Earlier today we announced the availability of our storage and security solutions on vCloud Air. The press release is here.
vCloud Air is a public cloud platform that is built on VMware vSphere. This platform allows customers to extend their data centers into the cloud using the same infrastructure, network, security, management, and IT skills that they are already using on their internal VMware infrastructures. In short, vCloud Air extends the internal VMware platform and operations model to the cloud.
Here’s a quick introduction to vCloud Air:
Prior to achieving VMware Ready status, Barracuda Backup was turning heads with Cloud Liveboot for VMware.
Now we’ve expanded our Vmware partnership by joining the vCloud Air ISV Program and earning the Vmware Ready – vCloud Air certification. These award-winning security and storage solutions are now available in the vCloud Air Marketplace:
- Barracuda NG Firewall: Delivers next-generation firewalling capabilities and high-speed (>1Gbps) site-to-site remote access to on-premises, hybrid and cloud environments.
- Barracuda Message Archiver: Delivers cloud-connected email archiving for efficiency and eDiscovery in hybrid cloud environments.
- Barracuda Email Security Gateway: Provides best-of-breed email threat protection, allowing customers to encrypt messages and leverage the cloud to extend email protection if mail servers become unavailable.
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall: Provides a secure path for customers to move their applications dynamically throughout the data center and into the cloud.
What does this mean for our customers?
- Alleviate on-premises capacity limitations by extending the infrastructure to the cloud. No need to invest overhead in expanding the on-site infrastructure. Data Protection Plus and Total Threat Protection can be achieved in a hybrid deployment.
- Make the most of limited IT staff and budget by leveraging the cost-savings of a hybrid or public cloud deployment.
- Lack of in-house IT cloud experience is no barrier with vCloud Air. The public cloud platform is familiar to Vmware Vsphere users, and Barracuda solutions are intuitive and easy-to-use in all deployment methods.
- Address seasonal or unpredictable usage patterns with on-demand and as-needed services. This is an efficient way to make sure customers have the resources they need, when they need them.
- Additional geographical locations are easy to set up and secure with hybrid and public cloud deployments.