We knew we were doing something special when we announced our strategic relationship with Microsoft in order to be among the first to offer comprehensive protection for web applications and associated confidential data hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud. At that time we had just launched the Barracuda Web Application Firewall (WAF) in the Azure Marketplace. Since then, we've made several leaps forward in our solutions for the Azure platform, starting with enabling security as a service in the Barracuda WAF. This capability ensures that applications in the cloud have the same strong security as traditional on-premises applications.
The Barracuda Load Balancer ADC and Barracuda NG Firewall were our next additions to the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. This allowed our customers to fully secure their applications in a cloud or hybrid cloud infrastructure. The Barracuda – Microsoft Azure momentum continued to grow, culminating this summer in the announcement that our security solutions were the first and only Microsoft Certified Azure security solutions.
Scott Guthrie demonstrates the Barracuda Web Application Firewall at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall is now commerce-enabled in the Azure Marketplace, giving customers the ability to license the solution directly from Microsoft.
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall is the first infrastructure solution integrated with Microsoft Azure Active Directory, simplifying application authentication and access for Azure customers.
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall now includes support for Microsoft Azure multiple network interface cards (Multi-NIC), which allows an application to easily send data over multiple networks.
In addition to these application security capabilities, we have also powerful email management capabilities to Microsoft Azure:
- Barracuda Message Archiver and Barracuda Email Security Gateway are now available in the Azure Marketplace, extending comprehensive email management capabilities for Microsoft Azure customers.
- The Barracuda Message Archiver and Barracuda Email Security Gateway enable customers to seamlessly manage their email environments, giving them greater control of their cloud-based email infrastructure.
- Barracuda Message Archiver for Azure helps customers maintain email compliance and control as they migrate to a cloud-based data center.
- Barracuda Email Security Gateway for Azure provides administrators policy control, data leak prevention and advanced threat protection for their cloud-based email.
Have you tried Barracuda on the Azure platform? Leave a comment and let us how it's going for you.
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.