Update November 10, 2014: Congratulations Jakob!
We are pleased to announce that Jakob has secured the overall victory in the men's 2014 IFSC Lead World Cup season. Although the season is not yet over, Schubert leads by so much that the second-place climber cannot overcome his score.
Originally published on September 8, 2014
You might remember Jakob Schubert, our Barracuda-sponsored professional climber? We blogged about him here, and we just released this video:
- 1st in World Cup Rating (Overall) 2012, 2013
- 1. Platz Weltcupgesamtwertung (Lead + Overall) 2011 1st place overall World Cup standings (Lead + Overall) 2011
- Vizeweltmeister Lead in Arco 2011 Vice World Champion Lead in Arco 2011
- Österreichischer Meister im Bouldern 2010 Austrian champion in bouldering 2010
- Österreichischer Meister im Schwierigkeitsklettern (Lead) 2011 und 2012, Vizemeister 2009 Austrian Champion in lead climbing (Lead) 2011 and 2012, runner-up in 2009
- Austria-Cup-Sieger 2008, 2. Platz 2009 Austria Cup winner in 2008, 2nd place in 2009
- 2. Platz Rockmaster 2010 2nd Rock Master 2010
- 2. Platz Weltcupgesamtwertung 2010 2nd place World Cup Appreciation 2010
- Weltcup: Neun Tagessiege sowie mehrere zweite Plätze World Cup: nine stage wins and several second places
- 3. Platz Europameisterschaft in Imst 2010 3rd place European Championship in Imst 2010
- Jugendweltmeister 2007, 2008, 2009 Junior World Champion 2007, 2008, 2009
- European Youth Series (Europäische Jugendmeisterschaften): Gesamtsieger 2006, 2007, 2008 European Youth Series (European Youth Championships): Overall Winner 2006, 2007, 2008
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn here.