The Barracuda Mo Bros are back this year, and now would be a great time to get over to their page and make a donation!
The Mo Bros are the guys who are growing a mustache (Mo) for Movember. They’re building awareness and raising funds for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health problems. Here are a few reasons why this is so important:
- 1 in 2 men, and 1 in 3 women, will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime.
- Over 238,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed and almost 30,000 men will die of prostate cancer in 2013.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in males between the ages of 15 and 35.
- 7,920 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer and 370 will die in 2013.
- 1 in every 13 men will be diagnosed with lung cancer in his lifetime.
- While not as common, men can get breast cancer. About 2,240 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed among men and about 410 men will die from the disease in 2013.
You can get more info on what the Movember Foundation is funding on their website here.
The Movember awareness and fundraising drive has taken place each year since 2003 and has raised over $559 million during that time. The Barracuda teams have brought in thousands of dollars for the cause and we’re looking forward to doing it again this month.
If this sounds like a cause that you can support, please head over to the Barracuda Mo Space and make a contribution.
After you donate, come on back and comment here or on Facebook and say hi to the Mo Bros and Mo Sistas! We’d love to thank you for your contribution!