John Joyner will be with us today at 1:00pm in booth #2011 to discuss his experiences with Barracuda. John is the IT Manager of the Almond Board of California, a non-profit government administration that has 6 locations worldwide. John manages an IT infrastructure that looks like this:
- 100 MB pipe
- 4 TB storage and growing
- 32 guest machines
- Hybrid virtual and physical environment
- Microsoft Exchange and SQL databases
The Almond Board is what we call a Barracuda Shop, which is a customer that has deployed 3 or more Barracuda solutions that perform different functions. The Almond Board's Barracuda Shop includes a Barracuda Backup, Barracuda Message Archiver, and a Barracuda Spam Firewall.
John will be part of an interactive session that covers topics like,
- The problems with tape library management
- Evaluating Barracuda Backup against other backup solutions
- Lessons learned in deploying a disaster recovery model in a hybrid environment
- The importance of cloud integration
- Addressing various compliance and retention issues
John will be in booth #2011 at 1:00pm PDT. Stop by and chat with him if you'd like to learn more about his experiences. For more information on the Barracuda solutions mentioned here, you might like to check out these presentations today:
- 11:30 AM – Deployment Flexibility for Backup and Instant Recovery | Tony Liau
- 2:00 PM – The Archive: An Unexpected Journey (to the Cloud) | Danny Milrad
- 3:00 PM – Securing All Your Threat Vectors | Ruoting Sun
These presentations take place in booth #2011 and will be offered again on Wednesday. Stop by the booth to see the presentations or to spend some 1:1 time with a Subject Matter Expert on any of our security, storage, or productivity solutions.
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.