We have a great whiteboard video that introduces the Barracuda NG Firewall for Managed Service Providers. David Lomax, Director of Sales Engineering EMEA, takes us through the following:
- The Barracuda NG Control Center, which can manage thousands of Barracuda NG Firewalls globally
- Deployment options for MSPs and clients
- Revision control
- Live traffic insight
- Use cases for the NG Firewall in the MSP arena
The Barracuda NG Firewall is an enterprise-grade next-generation firewall that is ideal for dispersed, highly dynamic, and security-critical network environments. We've just made the product even better with support for Microsoft centric deployments. From our recent press release:
The latest version of the Barracuda NG Firewall includes capabilities such as:
- Full user awareness for Windows Remote Desktop Services. Barracuda NG Firewall rules can be user aware even when multiple users on a Remote Desktop Server are behind a single IP address. The latest version of Barracuda NG Firewall adds another integration that makes use of a small, lightweight transparent client that simplifies integration and does not rely on external authentication protocols.
- Support for Hyper-V virtualization. Barracuda NG Firewall Vx virtual appliances can be deployed on Microsoft Hyper-V servers, in addition to VMware.
- Extended support for Microsoft Azure cloud. The latest Barracuda NG Firewall version now supports next-generation firewalling capabilities and high speed (>1 Gbps) site-to-site secure remote access from on-premises networks to Microsoft Azure or Vnets within Microsoft Azure. It enables organizations to deploy securely interconnected multi-zone network architectures. For more information, visit http://cuda.co/ngfw-azure.
You can get more information on the product at the Barracuda NG Firewall page on the website. From there you can watch an on-demand demo, review webinars on real-world deployments, get technical specs on the different models, browse the NG Firewall blog, and more. When you're ready to give it a try, you can order a risk-free 30-day demo unit.
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.