A few months ago, Barracuda Labs launched a new website called Threatglass. This is a website designed to raise awareness of compromised websites, and help users understand the ways in which malware-infected websites attack a machine. The original press release is here, and the Threatglass website is here.
Here's a closer look at what you see when you click through.
- Browse the compromised websites looking for patterns
- Analyze the packet capture using a program like Wireshark
- Search for compromised websites by top level domain
- Review the historical data on drive-by downloads
- Submit a compromised website that you've found
- Start a discussion on a website or an attack
The site is a great resource for security researchers, network admins, and teachers and students of network security. Try it out at www.threatglass.com.
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn.