Today we announced the addition of advanced application security features in the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC (ADC), models 540 and above. This integration puts advanced security technology directly into these ADC appliances, and eliminates the need to purchase separate products or subscriptions to provide delivery and security for critical apps.
So what does this really mean for you and your day-to-day operations? Let's take a look at the big things that this integration enables you to do with your Barracuda Load Balancer ADC.
- Protect your network from the top ten threats identified by OWASP. OWASP is an international organization that works to create secure and trusted applications. As part of this work, OWASP creates the OWASP Top 10, which represents a broad consensus on the most critical web application security flaws. Using OWASP Top Ten awareness and protection, you mitigate the risk of the most common application threats.
- Prevent sensitive information from leaving your network. With the new advanced security features, you can configure Outbound Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies to block or mask certain patterns. Credit card numbers, US Social Security numbers, and other patterns can be used. The DLP activity is logged for review by administrators.
- Protect your applications from Distributed Denial of Service attacks. The Barracuda Load Balancer ADC with integrated application security now provides several layers of application DDoS protection. Administrators have the option to block, throttle, redirect, or apply other actions to suspicious traffic.
- Replace your end-of-life TMG appliances. After several different tries as Proxy, ISA, or Forefront, Microsoft has finally called it quits on this perimeter device. They won't be shipping another full version of the Forefront TMG, and mainstream support will end after April 14, 2015. Why not migrate to a new ADC with advanced application security? Barracuda provides award-winning security and application delivery technologies in this product, and we back it up with award-winning support. You can even try it for 30 days before deciding to buy.
And of course, the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC is still an application delivery controller. You still have all of the features of the ADC, such as L4 and L7 load balancing, SSL offloading, HTTP caching, content routing, and more. Check out a full list of features here.
The advanced application security is available on Load Balancer ADC models 540, 640, and 840. You can learn more about them here.
For more information on this integration, see our original press release here. For more information on the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC, visit these resources:
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC Product Page
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC Vx Product Page
- Technical Documentation
- Live Demo
- 30-day risk-free trial of the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn.