Barracuda is leading the pack in the Purpose-Built Backup Appliance market, according to the IDC Worldwide Quarterly Purpose-Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) Tracker, March 2014. IDC reports that Barracuda Backup has been ranked number one in integrated PBBA units with 53.5% market share for 2013, and 53.7% market share for 4CQ13.
IDC conducts global research through hundreds of analysts deployed around the globe. This research is compiled and evaluated to provide data on market size and vendor share, and forecasts on technology markets. Click here to see a video on how the IDC research teams work.
Coming out on top of an IDC Worldwide Quarterly PBBA Tracker means that Barracuda Backup has momentum around the world. Customers have confidence in this product, for good reason:
- Barracuda Backup is a complete cloud-integrated solution for protecting physical and virtual environments that includes software, appliance, and offsite replication. No integration of, or debug struggles with, multiple vendor backup technologies.
- Dispersed organizations get the benefit of managing their entire network of Barracuda Backup appliances, regardless of location, via a single cloud-based management console, simplifying global data protection.
- Barracuda evolved the Cloud beyond a compelling metered backup storage medium with unlimited cloud storage plans, Cloud LiveBoot of virtual machines, and on-demand user access to files via Copy (www.copy.com) file sync and share. The Barracuda Cloud provides benefits beyond traditional cloud offerings.
- Initial deployment of a backup appliance can take as little as 15 minutes. Barracuda’s simple yet powerful web interface enables quick set up and provides a complete view of all machines in the global network. Intuitive GUIs with multiple levels enable detailed control and analysis of performance without complexity.
- The Barracuda Backup appliance’s local cache scales from 500 GB to more than 100 TB. Offsite vaulting allows longer-term backups to be stored only in the cloud, freeing cache space for more daily and weekly backups and extending appliance life. A maintained Instant Replacement subscription lets organizations replace their appliances every four years with a new Barracuda appliance.
If you're interested in checking out the number one purpose-built backup appliance in the world, you can request a 30-day evaluation unit here. No risk.
For more information on the Barracuda Backup, take a look at these resources:
- Barracuda Backup Service Product Page
- Technical Documentation
- Live Demo (User: guest PWD: [leave blank])
- Order a 30-Day Free Evaluation Unit
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.