Barracuda is pleased to announce that our award-winning Barracuda Backup is now officially certified to support Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) systems. This is huge news for our team and for administrators of RHEL and SUSE infrastructures.
Barracuda Backup is a complete backup solution that simplifies and lowers the cost of the disaster recovery process. With this solution, administrators can perform quick backup and restore procedures of everything from individual files to bare metal.
Although the Barracuda Backup is known for simplicity and ease-of-use, it isn't limited to simple RHEL or SLES deployments. The product can protect physical and virtual environments, mixed client environments, and single- or multi-site deployments. And check out these features:
- Inline Deduplication, which reduces the time and storage needed for the backup
- Replication options, which allow organizations to securely send data to the Barracuda Cloud or another Barracuda Backup appliance
- Offsite Vaulting, reducing the need to use primary backup storage for monthly and yearly backups
- Centralized Management allows admins to manage multiple sites from a simple interface
- Near Continuous Data Protection, with agents searching for new and changed files every 15 minutes if desired
- Data Recovery through a wide range of restore options, such as LiveBoot, bare metal restores, and even a replacement appliance pre-populated with data from the Barracuda Cloud, if necessary.
- Copy Integration, allowing admins to restore backup files to Copy folders
The product is available in several models, allowing organizations the ability to protect up to 100TB at a single location.
Of course there's more to the Barracuda Backup than just an award-winning, best-in-class product. We stand behind all of our solutions with award-winning customer support and a cloud infrastructure that is secure and reliable. Our technology and support infrastructure add value to all of our solutions. With these new RHEL and SLES certifications, we can now add value to the Red Hat and SUSE ecosystems as well.
For more information about these new certifications, including commentary by our storage GM, see the press release here. For more information about Barracuda Backup,
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn here.