You're probably familiar with the “as-a-Service” (*aaS) model, but please indulge me as I walk through it here. When we talk about “XYZ-as-a-Service”, we are talking about an on-demand delivery model of the XYZ product. “Software-as-a-Service” may be the best known of this model, with software giants like Salesforce.com and Google leading the way with on-demand applications.
There are a handful of benefits to using the *aaS model:
- You save money: You can begin using a technology without paying for the entire license, device, or infrastructure up-front.
- You can predict costs and budget accordingly: Because you are purchasing the technology as-a-service, you know exactly what your annual costs are going to be.
- You save time: You no longer bear the burden of patch management, updates, or any other technical support for the product.
- Fast deployment: The infrastructure for the service is already in place, and just needs to be configured for your location.
- Scalable and highly configurable: It's easy to add users and locations, and to provide access to mobile workers.
There are other benefits based on the service and the deployment options, but you get the idea.
Our new Backup-as-a-Service offering leverages the *aaS model to provide our Barracuda Backup technology to customers who are looking for new ways to manage their infrastructures. This offering allows customers to purchase the Barracuda Backup 190 or Backup 390 as an annual service. Highlights of this service include:
- Local appliance for fast backup windows and recovery times
- Unlimited Cloud storage – flat-rate pricing for Barracuda Backup cloud storage (up to the limit of the Barracuda appliance)
- 24 x 7 x 365 award-winning phone and email support
- Next business day shipment of replacement in the event of a hardware failure
- New appliance (same model) replacements for units that are four years old and continually under a service contract
- Access to Cloud LiveBoot for offsite recovery of VMware virtualized servers
If you've been looking to get into a Barracuda Backup but haven't done so yet, there's never been a better time. Check out Barracuda Backup-as-a-Service and see if the 190 or 390 will work for you.
For more information about the Barracuda Backup, see these resources:
- Barracuda Backup Service Product Page
- Technical Documentation
- Product blog
- Live Demo (User: guest PWD: [leave blank])
- Order a 30-Day Free Evaluation Unit