About a month ago, our guru Tim Warr announced the new Device Configuration feature in SSL VPN version 2.4. This feature allows admins to configure certain resources and settings directly on a user's device. Shortcuts, mapped drives, client certificates, IPSec settings, LDAP settings, and more, are accessible through this feature.
You can take a quick look at the SSL VPN in action in this customer video:
The product is available as a physical or virtual appliance, and includes some powerful features:
- Clientless Remote Access – secure remote access to network resources through any web browser.
- Policy Based Resource Management – directory integration allows admins to define policies based on users and groups.
- Multi-Factor Authentication – optional configuration of authentication schemes including directory passwords, hardware tokens, client certificates, and PINs.
- Network Access Control – admins can configure access policies based on operating system, web browser, and other connection parameters.
- Secure Client Access – robust protection against keyloggers and malware.
- And the list goes on and on …
Existing customers can download version 2.4 directly through the SSL VPN administrative interface. If you're new to the Barracuda SSL VPN and you'd like to take it for a test drive, you can order an eval unit here.
Once you get your demo unit, be sure to check out the ‘test drive' documentation. It is written specifically for 30-day evaluations, and takes you step-by-step through the deployment.
This evaluation is SSL VPN version 2.4, with all of the cool new device configuration features.
For more information on the Barracuda SSL VPN,
- Barracuda SSL VPN product page
- Barracuda SSL VPN 30 day free evaluation
- Technical documentation
- Live demo (User: guest PWD: guest)
- Product blogs
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn here.