About a month ago, our guru Tim Warr announced the new Device Configuration feature in SSL VPN version 2.4. This feature allows admins to configure certain resources and settings directly on a user's device. Shortcuts, mapped drives, client certificates, IPSec settings, LDAP settings, and more, are accessible through this feature.
You can take a quick look at the SSL VPN in action in this customer video:
The product is available as a physical or virtual appliance, and includes some powerful features:
- Clientless Remote Access – secure remote access to network resources through any web browser.
- Policy Based Resource Management – directory integration allows admins to define policies based on users and groups.
- Multi-Factor Authentication – optional configuration of authentication schemes including directory passwords, hardware tokens, client certificates, and PINs.
- Network Access Control – admins can configure access policies based on operating system, web browser, and other connection parameters.
- Secure Client Access – robust protection against keyloggers and malware.
- And the list goes on and on â€¦
Existing customers can download version 2.4 directly through the SSL VPN administrative interface. If you're new to the Barracuda SSL VPN and you'd like to take it for a test drive, you can order an eval unit here.
Once you get your demo unit, be sure to check out the ‘test drive' documentation. It is written specifically for 30-day evaluations, and takes you step-by-step through the deployment.
This evaluation is SSL VPN version 2.4, with all of the cool new device configuration features.
For more information on the Barracuda SSL VPN,
- Barracuda SSL VPN product page
- Barracuda SSL VPN 30 day free evaluation
- Technical documentation
- Live demo (User: guest PWD: guest)
- Product blogs