MSDN Channel 9 is a space where developers and enthusiasts within Microsoft create conversations around the latest technology. Barracuda's Jeff Johnson and Oliver Wai join the hosts in this episode on the Barracuda Web Application Firewall.
Oliver gives us some background on the relationship between Barracuda and Microsoft, along with a high-level overview of the Barracuda Web Application Firewall. He also covers the role of the Barracuda infrastructure in protection against web threats. Jeff gets into the technical side of things … deployment, configuration, and best practices.
In this episode Chris, Jeff and Oliver:
- Discuss what the Barracuda Web Application Firewall (WAF) is
- Demonstrate how to configure your cloud service to use WAF within Visual Studio and then deploy it
- Once deployed how you can use the WAF portal to configure your WAF deployment
- How to interrogate your WAF logs to see detected+denied attacks such as SQL injection and Cross Site Scripting
- Discuss Multiservice support, request limits, cookie security, url protection and parameter protection
- Demonstrate how to configure per violation actions via Action Policy
- Demonstrate exception profiling & heuristics to allow auto tuning of policy
- IP reputation pools for geo based filtering
If you would like more information on Barracuda solutions for Microsoft Azure, visit our website at www.barracuda.com/azure.
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn here.