Hey folks, if you want to learn more about our offerings on Windows Azure, here’s your chance. Our own Jeff Johnson and Oliver Wai are over on Channel 9 talking about the Barracuda Web Application Firewall. Click here to watch the segment.
“We have the ability to be the WAF for applications that you migrate from on-premise into the Azure Cloud” ~Oliver Wai
We kick off with Oliver Wai talking about Barracuda and our relationship with Microsoft. He also gives a high-level overview of the Web Application Firewall .. What it does and why it makes a great security solution. Oliver also covers the role of the Barracuda infrastructure in protection against web threats.
Jeff gets into the technical side of things. He shows you how to deploy the WAF, set up your servers and apps, and runs through some best practices.
There’s too much in the video for me to list it all here. It’s 30-minutes long and you have the options to stream the video, download a video file, or download an mp3 for audio-only.
In this episode Chris, Jeff and Oliver:
- Discuss what the Barracuda Web Application Firewall (WAF) is
- Demonstrate how to configure your cloud service to use WAF within Visual Studio and then deploy it
- Once deployed how you can use the WAF portal to configure your WAF deployment
- How to interrogate your WAF logs to see detected+denied attacks such as SQL injection and Cross Site Scripting
- Discuss Multiservice support, request limits, cookie security, url protection and parameter protection
- Demonstrate how to configure per violation actions via Action Policy
- Demonstrate exception profiling & heuristics to allow auto tuning of policy
- IP reputation pools for geo based filtering
If you are interested in WAF on Windows Azure, be sure to head over to our Web Application Firewall product page and try out the live demo. You can also get a 30-day risk-free evaluation unit here.
For more information on the Barracuda Web Application Firewall, visit these resources:
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall product page
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall Vx product page
- Technical documentation
- Product blogs
- Live demo (User: guest Pwd: [blank])
- Risk-free 30-day free demo unit
For a generalist like myself, they made it very easy to get in and get up and running quickly. ~Tom Lockhart
Click here for video