The Barracuda NG Firewall team has just launched a new model specifically designed to protect branch offices. This is perfect for multi-site organizations that want to maintain the best possible security while managing infrastructure costs.
The new F280 includes everything you'd expect in a Barracuda NG Firewall:
- Security – All features of the latest Barracuda NG Firewall version 5.4.2 release including application detection, SSL interception, IPS and malware protection
- Flexibility – Direct, fast and secure access to Internet and private or public cloud resources
- Availability – 99.99 percent availability of all business-critical resources
- Connectivity -Integrated application aware WAN virtualization
- Mobility – Integrated wireless for mobile devices
- Control – Central management using Barracuda Control Center
More specifically, the F280 offers:
- 1.3 Gbps Firewall Throughput
- 310 Mbps VPN Throughput
- 450 Mbps IPS Throughput
- 100000 Concurrent Sessions
- 8500 New Session/s
And that's not all. In addition to all of the above, you can optionally add the following features:
- 3G USB Modem
- Barracuda Web Security Service
- Barracuda NG Web Filter
- Barracuda NG Malware Protection
- Barracuda NG SSL VPN and NAC
You can get more technical details from our Barracuda NG Firewall datasheet (pdf).
For more information on the Barracuda NG Firewall,
- Barracuda NG Firewall product page
- Barracuda Technical Library – product documentation
- Product blogs
Unboxing a Barracuda NG Firewall F280, image courtesy of Barracuda partner Tredion ITC & Telecom
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.
Connect with Christine on LinkedIn here.