Today we are pleased to announce that Barracuda Backup has been recognized by Gartner for its market share in backup and recovery appliances for open systems.
“So what?” you ask, peering over your well-deserved Red Bull, “You guys are always getting recognized for something.”
Truth. We do get a lot of industry recognition for our products and services, but each recognition is significant in its own way. This recognition from the Gartner Competitive Landscape report demonstrates that Barracuda Backup meets several industry standard characteristics, such as cost efficiency, backup and recovery service level, and management simplicity. The Gartner report also states that backup appliances and disk-based storage are becoming a top consideration for clients.
Barracuda Backup is a purpose-built appliance for backup and disaster recovery. It uses disk-based storage and leverages cloud-integration to provide additional storage capacity and fast restores. This cloud-integration also provides flexibility in deployment and replication, as shown in this diagram:
The product also includes many other features:
- Inline deduplication reduces storage and bandwidth needs
- Virtual machine integration allows clients to protect Hyper-V and VMware machines
- Centralized management that allows admins to access all locations through a single interface
- Near continuous data protection, running incremental backups on mission-critical servers every 15 minutes.
- A wide range of data recovery options including bare metal restores and super-fast image-based restores for virtual environments
- Copy integration
- Instant replacement
- LiveBoot for VMware, allowing customers to start an image directly from a backup file
Put simply, Barracuda Backup protects our customers' data, and removes things like tape vaults, USB drives, and multi-vendor solutions from the environment.
For more information on Barracuda Backup, check out these resources:
- Barracuda Backup Service Product Page
- Technical Documentation
- Product blog
- Live Demo (User: guest PWD: [leave blank])
- Order a 30-Day Free Evaluation Unit