Hey everyone, I’ve been meaning to share this video with you guys:
In this video, Barracuda Labs Research Scientist Jason Ding is presenting Social Klepto, an experimental tool that allows users to investigate social connections for potential business related subterfuge. Put simply, there’s a lot of customer-stealing going on through social networks, and this tool is designed to help users get proactive in defending their organizations.
Jason covers a lot of stuff in this 30 minute presentation:
- What is Social Klepto?
- Example of customer loss
- How much is a customer worth ?
- How much is a sales lead worth ?
- How to use Social Klepto and why focus on LinkedIn?
- How to steal leads
- Four types of social bait accounts
- How to make a ‘customer prospect’
- How to build a connection base
- Social Klepto web interface
- Information gleaned from Social Klepto, and how to use it
- How to protect yourself
- How to get Social Klepto
Check out the video, and then if you want to play around with Social Klepto, check out these links:
For more from Jason, follow him on twitter @dingzj1 and on the Barracuda Labs blog.
Barracuda provides award-winning security and storage solutions. Check out our full line of products here.