And yet another wonderful review of a Barracuda product. This time ZDNet reviews the Barracuda Backup and we scored pretty well. You can check it out here.
The thing I love about reviews, and ZDNet reviews in particular, is that they’re usually written for the same audience that reads our blog. They get into the meat & potatoes (if you will) of the product. Screenshots and commentary of the authentic hands-on work that you would do if you were dropping our gear into production. That stuff is cool; it’s helpful for potential customers to see how something works, and it’s helpful for us to see that kind of feedback.
The ZDNet review listed several features that they really like:
- Self-contained solution requiring no extra software – Barracuda Backup is a complete solution. You don’t need multiple solutions for physical v virtual, you don’t need extra agents
- Industry-standard hardware and no per-server or per-application charges – That’s the Barracuda way 🙂
- Backup replication to other appliances and/or the cloud – You can backup to our cloud, your own private cloud, or both. And you can manage all of your backups, devices, and remote locations, through a single cloud-based management console.
- LiveBoot to mount VMware images from a local appliance or the cloud – We’ve talked about this a bunch, because we’re really proud of it. Need to get up & running fast after an unexpected shutdown? We make it easy. Check it out:
Click here for the Barracuda Backup LiveBoot video
Folks are catching on to the value offered by Barracuda Backup. If you’re looking for a backup solution, give ours a try. You can order a risk-free 30-day evaluation unit right here.
For more information about the Barracuda Backup, check out these links:
- Barracuda Backup Service Product Page
- Technical Documentation
- Product blog
- Live Demo (User: guest PWD: [leave blank])
- Order a 30-Day Free Evaluation Unit
Click here to see the Barracuda Backup in action at Guildford Academy of Contemporary Music