And yet another wonderful review of a Barracuda product. This time ZDNet reviews the Barracuda Backup and we scored pretty well. You can check it out here.
The thing I love about reviews, and ZDNet reviews in particular, is that they're usually written for the same audience that reads our blog. They get into the meat & potatoes (if you will) of the product. Screenshots and commentary of the authentic hands-on work that you would do if you were dropping our gear into production. That stuff is cool; it's helpful for potential customers to see how something works, and it's helpful for us to see that kind of feedback.
The ZDNet review listed several features that they really like:
- Self-contained solution requiring no extra software – Barracuda Backup is a complete solution. You don't need multiple solutions for physical v virtual, you don't need extra agents
- Industry-standard hardware and no per-server or per-application charges – That's the Barracuda way 🙂
- Backup replication to other appliances and/or the cloud – You can backup to our cloud, your own private cloud, or both. And you can manage all of your backups, devices, and remote locations, through a single cloud-based management console.
- LiveBoot to mount VMware images from a local appliance or the cloud – We've talked about this a bunch, because we're really proud of it. Need to get up & running fast after an unexpected shutdown? We make it easy. Check it out:
Click here for the Barracuda Backup LiveBoot video
Folks are catching on to the value offered by Barracuda Backup. If you're looking for a backup solution, give ours a try. You can order a risk-free 30-day evaluation unit right here.
For more information about the Barracuda Backup, check out these links:
- Barracuda Backup Service Product Page
- Technical Documentation
- Product blog
- Live Demo (User: guest PWD: [leave blank])
- Order a 30-Day Free Evaluation Unit
Click here to see the Barracuda Backup in action at Guildford Academy of Contemporary Music
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.