It's been a busy couple of years for the Barracuda Message Archiver (BMA) team. Last year they introduced a range of new features such as mobile search apps, litigation holds, automated PST collection, LDAP discovery searches, and more. This year they added usage reports, on-demand Exchange folder sync, and a number of performance enhancements for clustering, retention, export, and UI. And in July of this year they reconfigured the entire lineup to add value to both IT and end-users. From Product Manager Alon Yaffe:
The storage of all of our appliances with the exception of the 150 has doubled, compared to where it was earlier this year. We also increased the processing power in the boxes. … Searches run a lot faster, whether the search is run from the web interface, the mobile app, or the outlook add-in. There is a very significant improvement.
And that's not all. Today they're announcing release 3.5 of the Barracuda Message Archiver. Here's what you get in this one:
- Support for Exchange 2013
- Support for Office 365 and Google Apps using Cloud Relay
- Updated apps for Outlook 2013, Windows, Mac, iOS and Android
- Integration with Copy file sync and share for message exports
- Shared mailbox support (searching and offline syncing)
- New email forwarding options
- Improved roe and user management
- Other performance improvements and enhancements to logging, export functions, and more
There are a lot of very geek-awesome things in there. Personally I'm partial to the cloud relay services that allow you to archive your cloud email. Who owns your data now? You do.
The documentation for 3.5 can be found in the TechLib, so be sure to check there if you'd like to read up on the technical details. If you'd like to try the Barracuda Message Archiver for the 30 days, risk-free, click here to request an evaluation unit.
For more information on the Barracuda Message Archiver:
- Barracuda Message Archiver Product Page
- Technical Library
- Product Blogs
- Live Demo
- Risk-free 30-day evaluation unit
City of Lebanon, TN uses the Barracuda Message Archiver to manage email retention.
Click here to see the video.