Movember is a charity that raises awareness and funds for men’s health. The big Movember event takes place through the entire month of … wait for it … November. The idea is that Mo Bros grow mustaches and and becoming walking billboards for the cause. Mo Bros and Mo Sistas solicit contributions through a personalized Mo Space page.
- Awareness and education
- Staying mentally healthy
- Living with and beyond cancer
- Living with and beyond mental illness
- 1 in 2 men, and 1 in 3 women, will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime.
- Over 238,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed and almost 30,000 men will die of prostate cancer in 2013.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in males between the ages of 15 and 35.
- 7,920 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer and 370 will die in 2013.
- 1 in every 13 men will be diagnosed with lung cancer in his lifetime.
- While not as common, men can get breast cancer. About 2,240 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed among men and about 410 men will die from the disease in 2013.
Movember started as an idea between friends in 2003. Since then Movember has raised $446 million worldwide and has funded 577 projects related to men’s health.
Click here to learn more about Movember
Barracuda CEmO BJ Jenkins
Christine Barry is Senior Chief Blogger and Social Media Manager at Barracuda. In this role, she helps bring Barracuda stories to life and facilitate communication between the public and Barracuda internal teams. Prior to joining Barracuda, Christine was a field engineer and project manager for K12 and SMB clients for over 15 years. She holds several technology credentials, a Bachelor of Arts, and a Master of Business Administration. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan.