You ready for some cool news?
Remember a few months ago when we announced that the Barracuda Web Application Firewall was available on Microsoft’s Windows Azure platform? This was our first application available on Azure and it was significant for a handful of reasons,
- Developers are increasingly turning to Azure to deliver their applications
- Azure is gaining momentum with companies moving to the cloud
- Microsoft views security as a top priority
Windows Azure is a cloud platform that allows developers to host their apps and app-related data entirely in the cloud. This frees the developers from dealing with operating systems, network infrastructure, storage scalability, etc., and allows them to focus more on their app. With the growth of Azure, developers and application users want to have confidence in the security mechanisms protecting their data. Barracuda WAF on Azure provides the same security in the cloud as it does on-premise.
And here’s the really cool part: we’ve just made the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC and the Barracuda NG Firewall available on the Windows Azure platform. Which means that we now provide complete application security and secure remote access to Windows Azure.
Go ahead. Take a moment. We’ll have a closer look when you’re ready.
- Barracuda NG Firewall – An enterprise solution to re-establish control of networks made chaotic and vulnerable by the explosion of mobile and BYOD devices, evasive Web 2.0 applications, and remote network users. The Barracuda NG Firewall provides VPN and security-enhanced remote network access between customer networks and the Windows Azure cloud platform.
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC – A great solution for application performance and availability. The Barracuda Load Balancer ADC provides high-performance load balancing and application delivery for Microsoft applications hosted in Windows Azure such as SharePoint or Exchange
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall – The Barracuda WAF was one of the first web application firewalls and application delivery platforms available on Windows Azure. It is a complete and powerful security solution for protecting web applications and websites from malicious attacks. Barracuda WAF protection can be purchased on an hourly basis, which adds flexibility for Windows Azure customers.
TLDR: Go ahead and move to Azure. We’ll go with you.
For more information on these products, check out these links:
- Barracuda NG Firewall product page and 30-day demo
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC product page and 30-day demo
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall product page and 30-day demo
- “The new “S” in SaaS is Security” whitepaper